A day in the Khao Sam Roi Yot Coastal National Park
The unique coastal National Park of Thailand is the Khao Sam Roi Yot coastal National Park that was established in 1966. The name literally means the Mountains with 300 peaks. The park covers an area of 98.08 square kilometers where of 20.88 square kilometers is marine area.
Coastal hills, freshwater marshes and the coastal waters of the Gulf of Thailand make up this National Park. White sand beaches form a part of this unique sanctuary.
A vast number of bird species, the dusky langur and Mainland Serow can be seen here while the occasional Irrawaddy dolphin can be seen frolicking in the coastal waters.
While visiting Thailand, try to schedule a visit to this beautiful coastal sanctuary. There are no lack of things to do and places to explore.
Here are some activities that you can do to enjoy your day at the Khao Sam Roi Yot coastal National Park:
• Just relax in the complete solitude in the white sand beach and enjoy the sun and the surf. You can rent a tent for the night to enjoy the sound of the sea on a lonely beach. Nothing soothes the nerves quite like such proximity to nature.
• The Sai and the Kaeo caves offer spectacular collection of stalactites and stalagmites which you can explore to your heart’s content, but it is advisable to take a guide. You are bound to spend a mesmerizing couple of hours in these hideaways of geological treasures.
• The Khao Sam Roi Yot is a haven for bird watchers. Spend an instructive day armed with your camera and you can catch some of the best avian species of Thailand with your lens.
• Explore the unusual wildlife of the National Park though the Serow is shy and difficult to spot. But a sighting of the famed fishing cat is thrilling.
• Enjoy the essence of the mangroves by a boat ride through the streams and canals of the region as you see some of the unusual primates of the National Park.
So, lose no time in scheduling a visit to the Khao Sam Roi Yot Coastal National Park during your tour of Thailand.
Note: This picturisque marine national park of Thailand in Khao Sam Roi Yot, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province was No. 6 Winner of our WOWtastic Thailand photo contest. Photograph by Adrian Evans
Need a driver to take you there from Bangkok or the airport? Check out our rental services.